Position: Seasonal Administrative Assistant
Keep Cincinnati Beautiful (KCB) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating and encouraging individuals to take greater responsibility for improving their community environments. Through education and beautification, KCB is reducing litter and blight, promoting sustainability, and cultivating community pride.
KCB is seeking a seasonal staff member to support its program managers throughout the planning and execution of the 2015 Great American Cleanup. The Administrative Assistant will have other responsibilities as well to support the overall operation of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help organize 2015 Great American Cleanup events by securing donations, prepping supplies and promotional material, coordinating supply pickups, coordinating trash pickup and dumpsters, and keeping track of results.
- Promote the 2015 Great American Cleanup by distributing flyers and posters around Cincinnati, creating content for social media, maintaining the event calendar on KCB’s website, and working with local press to publicize events.
- Help with the planning and execution of corporate volunteer events.
- Answer phones, check voicemail, sort mail, and assist with fundraising mailing as needed.
Skills and Attributes:
- Enjoys multi-tasking
- Comfortable working in databases
- Works well on a team and collaborates with others
- Enjoys working on cleanup and beautification projects with the community
- Passionate about KCB’s mission
- Strong writer and communicator
- Extremely organized
- Reliable transportation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Google Apps
- Preferred experience with Adobe Creative Suite, social media sites, and/or WordPress
Position Details: Must be able to work a minimum of 24 hours/week, January through June. Some Saturday shifts may be required. Pay will be hourly at $10.00/hour.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Brooke@KeepCincinnatiBeautiful.org by Wednesday, December 24, 2014.